Posted to rec.woodworking
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default Festool power tools.

On Fri, 03 Feb 2012 09:43:48 -0600, dpb wrote:

On 2/3/2012 9:36 AM, Dave wrote:
On Fri, 03 Feb 2012 09:29:19 -0600, Steve Barker
BUT, i can assure you that copper is copper and no amount of money
spent on a name brand cable will change the sound coming out of a speaker

I'm not so sure about that. I think I remember reading somewhere that
electrons travel on the outside surface of wire. In that case, there
would be more outside surfaces on stranded wire than there would be on
solid wire. More surfaces to travel means better conduction and that
means better sound.

Well, that's accomodated by the number of strands and size/strand in
stranded vs solid wire of same gauge...

At human-audible frequencies, there simply isn't any signal distortion
of a measurable magnitude that could be discerned audibly.

Many years ago, Stereo magazine did blind testing between various
brands of speaker wire and lamp cord. They used high end equipment and
changed wires for the listener. No one could tell the difference.