Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.legal,uk.rec.gardening

Default Metal theft. The biters bit

On 02/02/2012 12:15, dennis@home wrote:

"Ste" wrote in message

The fact is, the mental resources required to monitor and maintain
one's compliance with speed limits, has to met from a necessarily
limited supply of those resources. There will *always* be situations
where circumstances are such that the full extent of potentially
relevant sensory information overwhelms your ability to process it
all,

If that is the case you are driving at an unsafe speed.
Why do you have a problem realising that it is not good driving to
ignore information just so you can drive faster?

You're saying that as if someone is choosing to ignore information. They
are not. All human brains ignore information automatically, as they
cannot cope with it all - even at rest!

Look straight ahead. Now look quickly to your right. You saw a
continuous moving scene didn't you? Well no, you didn't. You saw ahead
of you and to your right, but while you were turning you actually saw
nothing for a moment, then your brain went back and filled in a memory
of what it thought you "ought" to have seen. That is the way our brains
work and part of what I have said elsewhere about information we can
take in.

SteveW