Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim Downie[_3_] Tim Downie[_3_] is offline

Default How old is too old for brake fluid and how do you test it? Tyre pressure gauges

Tim Lamb wrote:
In message , The Natural Philosopher
writes

Anyway, at 29 quid they can change it next time. Maybe it'll cure
the snatchy brakes!

No. That will be down to external or internal corrosion on the
calipers and cylinders. Replace that lot or strip and grease.

No. Snatchy from new. Now 2 year old Ford Fiesta. There doesn't seem
to be the progressive application I was used to with the old Focus.

If they are just going to suck out the reservoir and top up I may
think again. I would like to see the fluid bled at each wheel if they
really believe this nonsense.

A reputable garage *won't* do that. They should bleed (& flush) the system
properly.

Tim