Posted to alt.home.repair
Frank[_13_] Frank[_13_] is offline

Default OT Computers making life easier

On 2/2/2012 6:27 PM, Metspitzer wrote:
I have a prescription I have been waiting 2 hours to get filled. I am
in no rush for it, but checked at 1.5 hrs and at 2 hrs and it is not
ready.

Calling the pharmacy gets a voice menu that usually puts me to sleep
before I get to my option. It starts out with a message about getting
a flu shot and a couple of generic messages about store stuff even
before it gets to menu options. After having to repeat the menu
message both times, I get to the part where they ask if you want to
check and see if a prescription is ready. THAT ONE

It asks if you know your prescription number and if not enter your
phone number. I was just thinking...........Caller ID has been a
feature for many years. (Wiki says 1973 in US) Why not have your
computer check the number I am calling from and just tell me if any
prescriptions are ready or being processed from the number I am
calling from? I am sure there are times when this would not be the
right answer, but it is a pretty good assumption.

Their method may sell more flu shots, but it's sure not an efficient
way to handle prescriptions. (they can leave in the flu shot stuff)

I could have ordered all my meds on line in the time it took to browse
this thread but I'm getting screwed by a poor plan with Medco and
Medicare deductible.

A visit to Walmart taught me that I could skip Medco and Medicare and go
there and save over $150 per year. For that, I'll wait in line 4 times
a year.

Pays to shop around.

Also while computer ordering is extremely easy, it took me 45 minutes on
hold to speak to Medco about my bill.