Eric Anderson

Default Vacuum Clamping

I REALLY would like to get everyone's opinion on the rec about this.

I bought a couple of Gast carbon vane vacuum pumps some time ago. I
have looked at Joe Woodworker. I have talked to Gast and other vacuum
pump companies. For the life of me, I don't know why anyone would buy
anything but a rotary vane pump. The Gast 522 series(older model) and
523 series have 4.5 cfm at 26", use 1/4 hp motors, are pulse free and
don't have any startup problems. I run these directly with no fancy
shutoff or unload valves or accumulators. They run continuously
during the vacuum clamping operation. Why wouldn't everyone use this
pump for vacuum clamping applications? Why does Joe Woodworker have
all the claptrap to do the same job? These pumps sell for slightly
over $100 on Ebay and somewhere just over $200 new. They are quiet
and long lasting (thousands of hours on a set of vanes).

I am slated to do a demonstration for our woodworker's guild in about
6 months and I am trying to get all kinds of information about vacuum
clamping, venier work and other applications for vacuum so I can give
a good presentation. I would like any and all ideas that would be
useful to present to the guild.

(Errol) wrote in message om...
Hi from Vac-Clamp
We manufacture vacuum clamps specifically for the job that you
mention. They are powered by compressed air, venturi creates the
vacuum, replaceable rubber seal is the only item to wear out.
Two different types available, single sided (bench mounted)and double
sided

Website
http://www.vac-clamp.com