Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Are there any quality boilers/manufacturers, at any price?

In article ,
John Williamson wrote:
Most of the ones I use day to day have a useful power band
from 1250 to 1800 rpm, with maximum fuel efficiency being in a quite
narrow band centred on 1500rpm.

A decent car diesel will have a useful power band from about 1500 - 4500
rpm.

I'd love to see the efficiency figures for a large ship diesel. Surely
most of the time it will run at a near constant speed once on the open sea?

--
*It's a thankless job, but I've got a lot of Karma to burn off

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.