Posted to uk.d-i-y
Doctor Drivel[_4_] Doctor Drivel[_4_] is offline

Default Are there any quality boilers/manufacturers, at any price?

"geoff" wrote in message
In message , Mr Pounder
writes

"Mike Harrison" wrote in message
. ..
Looking around for candidates to replace my 15-odd year old boiler,
spent
an evening looking around
for reviews, comments etc at the few sites that review this sort of
thing.
This site seemed to have about the most reviews
http://www.reviewcentre.com/reviews247100.html

I understand that Baxi are very good.

Baxi have been around for a very long time; I used to fit them 45 years
ago.

Baxi now own Potterton

Many fitters now refuse to fit them

poor build quality and really bad tech backup

Although not relevant now, PoxiBatterton have been taken over by Remeha, a
Dutch company who make Broag (Avantaplus) boilers. Quality is expected to
rise. Probably Dutch models rebadged and assembled in the UK.

Worcester Bosch are owned by Bosch, but tend to act independently to a large
degree, although the use many of the same parts. Bosch bought Buderus as
well, a small player in the UK, who I belive have withdrawn the gas boiler
but not oil (not too sure)

Vaillant own Glow Worm, but GW are not the same quality, but getting there.