Posted to alt.home.repair
Chuck Banshee Chuck Banshee is offline

Default How much & which direction would you set the slope in the level for aflagstone walkway?

In another thread, you guys helped me on constructing a simple flagstone
walkway.

Today I bought two levels to ensure that I get the water runoff right.

Checking the existing level of the existing flagstone shelf, I am
surprised to see almost no perceptible slope on the flagstone shelves
that were done years ago by professionals (presumably when the house was
built).

Here is a picture of the lengthwise slope:
http://www5.picturepush.com/photo/a/...mg/7478468.jpg

Widthwise, the slope is perceptible - but it's sloping TOWARD the
foundation (and not away from the foundation). Does that make sense?
http://www5.picturepush.com/photo/a/...mg/7478493.jpg

For my new shelf (walkway) just below (to the left) where this picture is
taken - would you slope it away from the wall - or toward the wall as the
old shelves appear to be?
http://www5.picturepush.com/photo/a/...mg/7478518.jpg