Posted to alt.home.repair
harryagain harryagain is offline

Default Asbestos

"Evan" wrote in message
On Feb 1, 9:57 pm, gregz wrote:
"HeyBub" wrote:
mcp6453 wrote:
Why is it even legal to sell a home with asbestos that needs to be
removed? (I understand that not all asbestos has to be removed if it
is sealed and not disturbed.)

Can you give an example of asbestos that needs to be removed?

I can give examples. Asbestos hanging loose from ceiling ducting. Asbestos
inside ducts.

I got asbestos wrapped around the round ducting connections branching from
the rectangular ducting. My home inspector pointed that out. It's mostly
intact. I was going to paint over. I decided to wrap plastic ducting tape
over it instead. It should last a long time. The tape overlaps and forms a
seal.

Greg

Except that you would have no idea if there are openings
in the duct work nor a vibration condition which may be
releasing asbestos particles into the air stream in the duct...

Asbestos removal is expensive but worth the investment...

~~ Evan