Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Spray lube question

On Wed, 1 Feb 2012 15:12:51 -0800 (PST), Stanley Schaefer
wrote:

On Jan 31, 3:56*am, Gunner Asch wrote:
On Mon, 30 Jan 2012 21:23:39 -0500, "Stormin Mormon"

wrote:
On the one couple of bolts, that held the bracket over the rotor. I did find
that heat worked better than WD, to get it loosened up. I had to angle the
flame in, so as not to light up the CV boot. Seems like something
combustible is always near by.

As a heating/air conditioning guy..you must occasionally run across
asbestos panels on the inside of old furnaces, right? *Remove from a
junk furnace and score and break into *various sized pieces and use
those as backups in areas of flammibility

Gunner

You can get flame guards/masks as a kind of ceramic cloth at big box
plumbing departments, have used mine a lot. Supposed to be used for
backing up copper solder jobs in tight spots where a torch flame will
burn down the house otherwise. Works well.

Stan

Ive got 3-4 of them, Harbor Freight sells em too. But they are something
like 3x5 feet and wadding them up under a sink or in a tight place is a
pain in the ass. I cut one down, and it started unraveling pretty
quickly.
In rhetrospect..I should have cut it down, then done a sew around on
the sewing machine to keep it from unraveling

Gunner

Gunner Asch