Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.legal,uk.rec.gardening

Default Metal theft. The biters bit

On Feb 1, 4:16*pm, ŽiŠardo wrote:
On 01/02/2012 13:35, Cynic wrote:

On Mon, 30 Jan 2012 19:39:30 +0000, =?ISO-8859-1?Q?=AEi=A9ardo?=
*wrote:

My response was to the suggestion that judges etc. should live on a
sink estate for 2 years. *I took that to mean that they should live
*in the same conditions* as the people on such an estate.

And where have I suggested that they wouldn't be, as, if they were
living on the estate they'd be in similar housing to everyone else.
However, not everyone wants to conform by displaying tattoos, shaving
their heads, buying a pit bull terrier, running an unlicensed motor
vehicle and saying f*ck for every third word. They will consequently
stand out and get their windows smashed and their car scratched.

Obviously you're too stupid, or too distant from real life to understand
that such things are triggered by far less than obvious signs of wealth.

Either that or you have an overly fertile imagination.

I do in fact know and visit several people on such estates who do
*not* have loads of tattoos, and who mostly conform to the law in all
respects AFAICT. *They do indeed have neighbours who have all sorts of
weird body decorations and who frequently and blatantly break the law.

IME the law-abiding people are not at all resented by the others
*unless* they act in a way that show that they regard themselves as
better than their neighbours, or are suspected of "grassing". *So long
as they live their lives as they wish, and are tolerant and reasonably
pleasant toward those who wish to live differently, there is no
problem at all.

And just how do people "act in a way that show that they regard
themselves as better than their neighbours"? I think the "grassing"
comment sums up a lot - keep your mouth shut or else we'll burgle you next!

That sort of thing gets learnt, there was a kid oin teh bus yesterday,
he was about waiste hieght so my estimation he was about 6,or 7
he was telling his mum , "if you don;t buy me a present I won;t behave
tonight"

A future politition or banker I wonder ;-)