Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.legal,uk.rec.gardening
Tim Lamb[_2_] Tim Lamb[_2_] is offline

Default Metal theft. The biters bit

In message
, Ste
writes

snip
I have passed my advanced driving test. And that is the first thing
you are told. *You assume everyone else is an idiot. *Every once in a
while it turns out to be true.
It's called defensive driving.http://www.ddtgroup.com/

I have passed my test in a large articulated vehicle (in which many of
the 'advanced' techniques of car driving are not just preferable but
necessary, requiring not just a higher standard of driving in terms of
my own vehicle, but additional guarding against, and compensation for,
the incompetence of other road users). Additionally, I am also an
experienced tanker driver of hazardous goods - and tanks have their
own particular (but certainly not unmanageable) problems.

At various times I have probably driven more miles in a month than you
drive in a year, on different types of roads all around the country.
For good measure, I also have a copy of Roadcraft on my bookshelf -
although it is a long time since I actually read it, because I
understand and implement its principles as a matter of routine.

I feel quite confident to say, that I have forgotten more about the
practice of driving, than you will ever know - and I was biding my
time for the right opportunity to point this out to you. I do not have
to assume everyone else on the road is an idiot - it is quite
glaringly obvious to me that many people are incompetent drivers,
every time I set out on the road.

Might this be an appropriate time to invite *drivers* to post details of
their driving history? Somebody with more knowledge than I could perhaps
collate the results.

eg.

Driving test attempts.

Pass date.