Posted to alt.home.repair
mcp6453[_2_] mcp6453[_2_] is offline

Default Holmes Inspection

While I've read comments in this newsgroup critical of Mike Holmes, I do think
I'm learning about construction from watching his shows. Does anyone here have
any inside information on Holmes? The show is a TV show. That's a given. Is most
of what he does legitimate? How much does the homeowner have to pay for the work
he does? How can there be any bad inspectors left in Mike's geographic area? Are
there ever any lawsuits against the companies that do the bad work?

I've been a victim of incompetent home repair people, so I have a sympathetic
ear for the homeowners on these shows. One part of me wants to have an
inspection done to learn what latent problems my home may have, but how would I
know that I've hired a competent inspector? Several years ago, I actually had an
inspection done, and much of what the inspector reported as a problem turned out
NOT to be a problem.