Posted to rec.woodworking
Jack Jack is offline

Default JUST ONCE.....

On 2/1/2012 12:45 PM, Leon wrote:
On 2/1/2012 10:36 AM, Jack wrote:
On 1/31/2012 7:57 AM, Leon wrote:
On 1/30/2012 5:50 PM, Jack wrote:
On 1/30/2012 7:22 AM, Leon wrote:

I can touch my desk lamp with my wooden push stick but until I
touch it
with my finger it stays on or off. That was a $5 upgrade at the lamp
store.

I had a lamp like that once. It was great for a week, then, for two
more
weeks it went on every time you walked past it. Next, it went on and
off
by itself, no need to even walk past it.

I tossed it but am happy it didn't cost me $180 and a days work every
time it misfired:-)

I bought mine in 1986 and still use it. How would you loose a days work?

I'd have to stop what I'm doing, go out and buy a new blade and a saw
stop mechanism, then install it. Have no idea whats involved removing
the destroyed mechanism, and installing the new one, but it would not
take many false fires to not want to use one, just on the time and
expense.

The "only" people complaining about any of the things you mentioned
above are the people with absolutely no first hand knowledge of the
product. Those tens of thousands that have purchased the saws apparently
don't see a problem, at least not so much to bad mouth the product.
Basically you are an apparent expert in what you don't know

I never "bad mouthed" the product. You were rambling about your touch
lamp and how it worked, I simply pointed out I had one that didn't work,
and if I had a saw stop that worked like that lamp I wouldn't want it.

Saw stop is a great product, but I'm not about to run out and buy one,
nor am I about to don a NASCAR approved crash helmet every time I jump
in a car, nor do I want the ****ing gov't to force me to do either.

--
Jack
http://jbstein.com