Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default JUST ONCE.....

On 2/1/2012 12:25 PM, Larry Jaques wrote:
On Wed, 01 Feb 2012 11:47:25 -0600, Leonlcb11211@swbelldotnet
wrote:

On 2/1/2012 11:01 AM, Steve Barker wrote:
On 2/1/2012 10:36 AM, Jack wrote:
On 1/31/2012 7:57 AM, Leon wrote:
On 1/30/2012 5:50 PM, Jack wrote:
On 1/30/2012 7:22 AM, Leon wrote:

I can touch my desk lamp with my wooden push stick but until I
touch it
with my finger it stays on or off. That was a $5 upgrade at the lamp
store.

I had a lamp like that once. It was great for a week, then, for two
more
weeks it went on every time you walked past it. Next, it went on and
off
by itself, no need to even walk past it.

I tossed it but am happy it didn't cost me $180 and a days work every
time it misfired:-)

I bought mine in 1986 and still use it. How would you loose a days work?

I'd have to stop what I'm doing, go out and buy a new blade and a saw
stop mechanism, then install it. Have no idea whats involved removing
the destroyed mechanism, and installing the new one, but it would not
take many false fires to not want to use one, just on the time and
expense.

EXACTLY!! I can tell you how many false fires it would take. LESS THAN
ONE! And one false trip, and they are gonna be turned off in most cases.
So best not to have it in the first place.

Steve, of the tens of thousands that have bought the saw, how many have
you read about that have regretted buying the saw?

Leon, of the 555 CONgresscritters in D.C., how many have admitted to
illegal, immoral, or unethical conduct? (Let's not get into how few
have regretted any of this...) Admitting to their regrettable actions
usually isn't something people do readily -or- publicly.

But buying the saw would at worst be a mistake, not illegal, immoral, or
unethical. Surely with all the ones that do not own or operate the SS
and have decided to dislike the saw for what ever reason their yammering
on would draw the attention of someone, anyone, that actually has owned
or used one on a regular basis and would like to agree.

I have so far not heard of any one with any first hand knowledge
regretting the purchase.