Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Best line of the night

On 31 Jan 2012 12:05:19 GMT, Han wrote:

" wrote in
:

On 30 Jan 2012 02:34:59 GMT, Han wrote:

" wrote in
:

On 30 Jan 2012 02:05:08 GMT, Han wrote:

" wrote in
om:

But you *DID* state that it should be submitted so that you can
censor it. That's called "prior restraint".

Submit it to me as an example and I'll see what I can do to make
your praayer into a not-prayer without changing the summary meaning
of your words. You, me, personally. That's what I meant.

Irrelevant. You believe it speech should be censored.

We live in a generally Judeo-Christian society, and other religions
generally share the same values, if you snip out the wild idiots.

And, yes, IMNSHO there is prior restraint indicated for speaking at
public high schools.

Where do you stop? Remember, this is about prior restraint.

Disagree, it all is part of having respect for other people's views.

No it is *NOT*. You said you would "edit" for content. That's prior
restraint.

It is, a speech as an official act at a public school should exhibit
restraint. Period.

No, it is, by definition, an opinion piece. Limiting one's expressed opinion
is prior restraint.

If
you want to preach or pray amongst people who share your views, go
ahead, but public schools are for everyone, just like government is
for everybody.

There is nothing protecting you from speech in a public place. OTOH,
you can choose not to listen.

There is nothing (etc, as you say) from an adlibbed speech or even a
prepared speech in a public space, but that is different from an official
speech at a function of a public school.

A lotta words, no meaning.

If you want to do those things to others, they have the right
to shut you up, politely.

No, they do not. They have a right to make that request but other
have no right to shut you up. That *is* censorship (prior restraint).

Again you are missing the point - I am talking about an official speech
at a function of a public school.

A valedictory speech is not an "official function". It is, by definition, an
editorial.

E.g., you're not supposed to yell fire in a
movie theatre, especially if there is no fire. Now if there ever was
prior restraint, that is it.

You're way over the line. That's reckless endangerment. There is
absolutely *no* comparison between this and religious speech (which
*IS* protected). I suggest a little remedial civics.

I am crying now ...

You lefties do that a *lot*.