Posted to rec.woodworking

Default JUST ONCE.....

On Tue, 31 Jan 2012 21:17:25 -0500, Dave wrote:

On Tue, 31 Jan 2012 19:57:38 -0600, Swingman wrote:
You said a mouthful ... I can't believe the software patents that are
being awarded these days, they defy reason, logic, and any sense of
_shame_ whatsoever.

As previously discussed, it sounds exactly like the police charging a
driver in a traffic accident even though they weren't there to witness
it. They just collect the evidence and let the courts analyze where
the charge was valid or not. I'd guess the patent department just
issues the patents on what they believe them to be and then lets the
courts determine whether they're valid or not.

Except that the courts assume the patent is valid because the USPTO says it
is.

Aren't there any practicing lawyers here? Maybe they're hiding for
fear of being attacked.