Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.legal,uk.rec.gardening

Default Metal theft. The biters bit

In article
,
harry wrote:
I am suggesting that prisoners stay in jail until they have fully
compensated their victims. Some would have to stay there for ever but
who cares?

I do. It costs a great deal to keep someone in prison, and is only
worthwhile where that person presents a danger to the community. As a
deterrent it's fairly useless given the poor detection of many crimes. And
perhaps most come out after their sentence more able/keen to pursue a life
of crime, rather than rehabilitated.

I feel quite sure a weekly cheque would be appreciated by the victims.
And they should pay for their keep and any luxuries/priviledges they
have.

Given that 'pay check' will come from the state anyway, how are you going
to decide what it is? And how do you decide what 'their keep' costs? The
actual costs of keeping someone in prison is higher than the national
average wage.

And persons studying law should expereince total immersion in crime. The
present judiciary is in lala land. They have zero experience of life in
their rarified circles. You only have to see some of the utter crap
spouted here.

Well, I keep on asking for some real world details of how all this would
work. And they are sadly lacking. You seem to mimic dribble in believing
explicitly in ideas without clue as to how to implement them.

--
*All men are idiots, and I married their King.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.