Posted to uk.tech.broadcast,uk.tech.digital-tv,rec.audio.tech,uk.rec.audio,sci.electronics.repair
m m is offline

Default Audio Precision System One Dual Domani Measuirement Systems

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
Jerry wrote:

The great advantage of radial circuits is that idiots find it a
little more difficult to bridge out the breaker in the panel,
unlike the silly fuse fitted in BS1363 plugs (which for some
silly reason is the same shape and diameter as many screws, bolts
and any other round bar)

Wonder how you know all this? Just who ever wants to draw more than 13
amps from a socket anyway?

Oh yes - I remember. You used to work in a garage and probably did just
that since because it didn't have the correct wiring installed.

Not everyone is as stupid as you Jerry.

You just need 2 13A plugs on wires leading to a choc block where they
are connected in parallel - gives 32A then.
Just like we had avaialble in our test room at work to power the
satellite uplink.

And while we are on it, nothing like the VERY nasty UK sockets etc which
have stared to appear with Insulation displacement type connections
(like Krone/BT sockets but a tiny bit bigger)

Keep to a proper nice strong screw on terminal (and with a real slot so
any screwdriver works instead of these cra**y phirrips type heads that
just turn into a round groove when tightened!)

And of course the trend for screws that have cut threads and don't taper
so are useless for fixing into wallplugs as they don't expand them

And the nasty cup hooks I got the other day with no real points on the
thread (health and safety?) so won't screw in without pre-drilling and
are made of aluminium (aluminum for you US wrong-spellers) so shear off
when finally tightened

Mike
(grumpy old man)