Posted to uk.tech.broadcast,uk.tech.digital-tv,rec.audio.tech,uk.rec.audio,sci.electronics.repair
J. P. Gilliver (John) J. P. Gilliver (John) is offline

Default Audio Precision System One Dual Domani Measuirement Systems

In message , Don Pearce
writes:
[]
Fares? Nobody takes fares on buses any more.

(And Dave Plowman.)

I had occasion to use buses several times in Newcastle (upon Tyne, north
England), earlier this month; I would say that the majority of
passengers were paying cash, or using free (disabled, age, or
schoolchildren) passes. I don't think they even _had_ any form of swipe
reader or similar. I would venture that the same applies in a lot of
England, probably Britain.
--
J. P. Gilliver. UMRA: 1960/1985 MB++G.5AL-IS-P--Ch++(p)Ar@T0H+Sh0!:`)DNAf

Radio 4 is one of the reasons being British is good. It's not a subset of
Britain - it's almost as if Britain is a subset of Radio 4. - Stephen Fry, in
Radio Times, 7-13 June, 2003.