Posted to alt.home.repair
Han Han is offline

Default Best line of the night

"Attila.Iskander" wrote in
:

"Han" wrote in message
"Attila.Iskander" wrote in
:

"Han" wrote in message

Disagree, it all is part of having respect for other people's
views. If you want to preach or pray amongst people who share your
views, go ahead, but public schools are for everyone, just like
government is for everybody. If you want to do those things to
others, they have the right to shut you up, politely. E.g., you're
not supposed to yell fire in a movie theatre, especially if there
is no fire. Now if there ever was prior restraint, that is it.

The so-called "respect for other people's views" is nothing but
crude justification for silencing those whose views YOU do not like
It's disingenuous to the point of downright dishonest.
PC )Political Correctness) is nothing but a variant of prior
restraint. Free Speech must include 2 things to be free
1) The only restraint is the one the speaker chooses
voluntarily to avoid being offensive
2) The Speaker can NOT be muzzled to avoid offending others.
PC fails on both counts

PC? what does that have to do with anything?

Not surprised you're clueless about that
At least you're consistent

snip irrelevant anecdote

That type of anecdote (the one you snipped, a valedictorian's address)
was what this was about ...

As to your number 2 - since listening to a valedictorian speech isn't
entirely voluntary, I can envision some review. But, as before, I
don't know whether it is practiced.

--
Best regards
Han