Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Metal theft. The biters bit

In article ,
The Natural Philosopher wrote:
Then I ask again. What **** work? If it is manufacturing things, that
needs at least some skill. And simple things are likely made by
machine rather cheaper now anyway. If some form of unskilled work -
like has been said clearing litter etc - that needs supervision and
transport etc. All of which costs.

Fruit picking which is currently run by Mafia supplied Eastern Europeans
is a good one.

Right. So you put all the prisoners in Wormwood Scrubs on buses and take
them to Evesham?

Meat packing is good too.

Could be. But then most of these facilities are centralised these days.

So is ditch clearing. And removing litter and cleaning dog poop from
footpaths.

True

Or shovelling snow (other than up your nose).

Bit seasonal?

The point is these jobs DONT get done because no one can afford to pay
amnyine miniumum wage. So pass a law saying 'minimum age doesn't apply
to prisoners etc' and let them do that for £3 an hour and make it up to
£6 and hour or whatever - its still cheaper than the nick.

I'd need to know the extra costs of transporting them around, supervision,
feeding etc while working outside the prison before making any decisions.
And my guess is it's already been looked at and decided it will cost more
than it brings in.

--
*Income tax service - We‘ve got what it takes to take what you've got.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.