Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Metal theft. The biters bit

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
The Natural Philosopher wrote:
Does anyone in prison still get benefits? I somehow doubt it.

their dependents do.

You want their children etc to starve?

BUT that wasn't my point.

My point was to NOT give them free board and lodging at public expense
which costs a lot more than benefits, but to make them dependent on
actually doing **** work to get any money at all.

Then I ask again. What **** work? If it is manufacturing things, that
needs at least some skill. And simple things are likely made by machine
rather cheaper now anyway. If some form of unskilled work - like has been
said clearing litter etc - that needs supervision and transport etc. All
of which costs.

Fruit picking which is currently run by Mafia supplied Eastern Europeans
is a good one.

Meat packing is good too.

So is ditch clearing. And removing litter and cleaning dog poop from
footpaths.

Or shovelling snow (other than up your nose).

The point is these jobs DONT get done because no one can afford to pay
amnyine miniumum wage. So pass a law saying 'minimum age doesn't apply
to prisoners etc' and let them do that for £3 an hour and make it up to
£6 and hour or whatever - its still cheaper than the nick.