Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.legal,uk.rec.gardening
Cynic Cynic is offline

Default Metal theft. The biters bit

On Fri, 27 Jan 2012 21:35:14 +0000, Steve Walker
wrote:

It will be necessary for the carer to work out solutions to that
problem. Just as a parent must work out an arrangement to ensure that
their baby is not left unattended. No, it is not a particularly
enviable position to be in, but it is *far* from being insurmountable.
If the backup system that was provided is indequate for the
environment it is to be used in, then either the environment will need
to change, or additional backups fitted.

You are surely not saying that the setup would be significantly better
if only there were no thieves?

So what's the solution to you being on your final warning at work,
knowing that you have no resources to fall back on if dismissed and the
arranged carers don't turn up yet again, your neighbours are out, etc.?
The NHS won't provide any better and you have no money to pay for
anything yourself?

In another post you stated that the woman was in her 80's, so you have
obviously invented an unlikely scenario that you believe would make it
impossible to keep the sick person safe.

If the life of someone I cared about depended on it however, I assure
you that I would be able to find a solution PDQ. I can think of
several possible solutions to the situation you pose, but if I suggest
any you would simply counter with a different scenario.

It's no good saying that NHS/Social services will provide. They won't.
Funds are always limited and many things that absolutely should be done,
aren't.

I have always been able to find some way to manage without long-term
state assistance or charity. Perhaps because I don't *expect* anyone
to look out for me except myself.

--
Cynic