Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bolted[_3_] Bolted[_3_] is offline

Default Diamond discs or non-Diamond - value for money/cutting ability

On Jan 30, 3:06*pm, NT wrote:
On Jan 30, 2:56*pm, RJS wrote:
Question: *Are Diamond discs worth the money? *The packet claims that
the speed production because they need changing less frequently. * Is
this so? *That's not a problem from my point of view but are there any
other (or actual) benefits of using Diamond discs?

A diamond disc outlasts numerous grit discs, cuts faster, and is much
safer. Get one, its that simple. But forget paying £25, they're way
cheaper from toolsatan.

True for concrete/masonry, but for cutting metal (such as the steel
identified by the OP), thin grit discs are much better.

Wickes discs are, I think, Norton - at least they look very much like
them. Anyway, they are good quality. Diamond discs are not all the
same. The quality (i.e. durability and speed of cut) varies
enormously.