Posted to alt.home.repair
dadiOH[_3_] dadiOH[_3_] is offline

Default What is UNDER flagstones on concrete? How do you keep the tops level? (Pictures)

Chuck Banshee wrote:
On Sun, 29 Jan 2012 16:57:08 -0500, dadiOH wrote:
There is no such thing as mortar without sand. Mortar is cement,
sand and some lime. Add aggregate and it becomes concrete.

I appreciably stand corrected (I didn't ADD any more sand).

I've never mixed cement/mortar before so this is a first for me.
Tomorrow I hope to finish the job so I'll go to Home Depot to pick up
about ten bags of mortar, concrete, sand, and rock.

If you are buying concrete, why do you want sand and rock? If you are
buying bags of *cement* you would need the sand and rock but you'd be far
better off economically buying it by the yard from a purveyor of same.
_____________

* It takes a TON MORE MORTAR than you think it will!

It should not take all that much to lay stone on an existing slab. All you
need is about 1/2" + enough to keep the thinnest stone level with the
thickest. If the stone bottom is highly irregular, butter it flat with
mortar.

How DO you guys immobilize the shaft when using these composite
blades?

I use my fingers. Occasionally but rarely, visegrips. The shaft on your
saw is shaped, right? The masonry blade hole is also shaped, right?

--

dadiOH

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...