Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.legal,uk.rec.gardening

Default Metal theft. The biters bit

In article ,
Steve Walker wrote:
On the simple point of undercutting labour, that is not a problem -
China is already doing that.

For clearing out canals, removing graffiti, etc as has been suggested?
And you're suggesting the Chinese labour is unskilled, which it isn't, and
unskilled is the only sort of work prisoners could be expected to do.

As we already have to pay for imprisoning
people, getting them to work for no pay would simply be repatriating
work that has been outsourced and would produce "profit" (reducing
prison costs) at no cost to UK jobs.

Have you thought about the costs surrounding this work? Supervision of
prisoners etc? That's likely to cost more than their work brings in.

--
*I don't have a license to kill, but I do have a learner's permit.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.