Posted to alt.home.repair
DanG[_2_] DanG[_2_] is offline

Default Hammer Drills for Electric Screwdrivers

On 1/29/2012 9:09 PM, mcp6453 wrote:
Often on Holmes Inspection and This Old House, the workers use what appear to be
hammer drills as electric screwdrivers, particularly for lag bolts or long
screws. Are they really using hammer drills, or does it just sound like a hammer
drill?

Impact driver. Yes, I suppose it is a bit like a hammer drill. I've
not torn mine apart yet to see what is impacting, but they sure make
Tapcons, lags, and Phillips screws work wonders.

Here is some information: type "impact driver" in google. These things
are all the rage, but it would be the first tool I would replace if lost
or dead.

--

Keep the whole world singing . . .
Dan G