Posted to alt.home.repair
DanG[_2_] DanG[_2_] is offline

Default stump removal

On 1/29/2012 2:39 PM, Cliff Hartle wrote:
http://www.ehow.com/how_12107210_kil...acia-tree.html

Great article reference. Exactly what to do.

It seems the OP's prime problem is either the bit or drill motor that he
is using. I've had the best luck when doing this stuff to use a paddle
bit at the highest speed possible. Stop and clear chips as required.
Buy more than one bit or keep a file handy. I suspect he used a twist
bit the first time, though I don't know how he was getting ten inches
deep with a regular one. Extra depth on a speed bore requires an
extension: type speedbor in google. A ship auger should work well
also, but much more expensive.

--

Keep the whole world singing . . .
Dan G