Posted to alt.home.repair

Default What is UNDER flagstones on concrete? How do you keep the tops level? (Pictures)

On Sun, 29 Jan 2012 21:09:48 +0000 (UTC), Chuck Banshee
wrote:

On Sat, 28 Jan 2012 15:35:41 -0500, gfretwell wrote:
The first step is doing the puzzle. You start dry laying the stone just
to figure out what the pattern is going to be.

You're right!

It took me almost the entire day (Saturday) to do this step!

It's bad enough that I mostly have small well broken pieces to deal with.

Luckily, both the steel diamond saw and the brown-material masonry saw
easily cut the flagstone (although the diamond saw seems to cut twice as
fast). Both dust up terribly!

Use a wet saw. The water keeps the dust down considerably. BTW, why are you
cutting them at all?