Posted to alt.home.repair

Default stump removal

As to drilling holes. Stumps often have sand, rocks, and other debris mixed
in with the wood. Never know, a carbide bit and hammer drill might do the
trick. I'll admit, I've not tried.

As others have suggested to saw it out, might need name brand blades, and a
sawzall to cut the roots out from under it.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"Zz Yzx" wrote in message
I've posted several times before on this problem.

I had a black acacia tree ~16 in diameter. I pruned it heavily ~7
yrs ago and it sent up HUNDREDS of root suckers every year. About
1-1/2 years ago I took it down completely, leaving a stump ~10 inches
above grade.

More suckers. LOTS of suckers. It's ruined my lawn and garden.
Round-up weakens the foliage but won't kill them. I finally used
Ortho "Poison ivy & Tough Brush Killer" late last year. It seemed to
kill them but we'll see if they come back.

'k, here's the Q: I got a powder stump killer. Directions say to
drill 1" holes all over. I got a 1" bit and it won't go in even an
inch (wood too hard, even after 1-1/2 yrs). So I tried a 1/2 in bit.
After 3 holes to 10 inches it broke off.

Any ideas how to killthis stump and stop the suckers?

Thanks a heap,
-Zz
"Zz Yzx" rhymes with "physics"; or " Isaacs" if you prefer.
http://www.abandonedbutnotforgotten.com/zzyzx_road.htm