Posted to alt.home.repair
JimT[_2_] JimT[_2_] is offline

Default OT US foriegn policy, Ron Paul and terrorism.

On 1/29/2012 5:14 PM, HeyBub wrote:
JimT wrote:
We can't let Iran have nuclear weapons because of our failed foreign
policy which goes all the way back to the foundation of Israel. Are
you saying Iran doesn't have the right to defend itself? Look at their
neighbors. Wouldn't you want one?

Let's look at Iran's neighbors:
* Iraq. A (sort of) functioning democracy,
* Turkey, another democracy,
* Turkmenistan,
* Afghanistan, and
* Pakistan.

The only member of the above list that has the capability of threatening
Iran is Pakistan. Pakistan has had nuclear weapons for some time now and
hasn't used them or threatened Iran in any way.

I wonder how many times the territory we call Iran has been invaded?
Just about every world conqueror since Alexander the Great has marched
through. Then if the neighbors don't make you nervious, what about the
situation in the middle east in general? What about the US installing
the Shah? What about the US arming Saddam? I'd say they have plenty to
be at concerned about.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blowback_(intelligence)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blowback_%28intelligence%29

We diddle around the world for the almighty buck and cry when it fails.
If you're going to diddle, you're going to get blowback. "For every
action there is an equal and opposite reaction."~ Issac Newton.