Posted to alt.home.repair

Default HELP: stump removal

The one time I took out a stump, I used a Sawzall, and amazing number of
Harbor Freight blades. Then, a cable tool "come along" to the back of my
van, and keep pulling. had to cut a lot more roots, too. Came out, after a
lot of work.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"Dick Adams" wrote in message

Any ideas how to kill this stump and stop the suckers?

Unfortunately I've the same problem. The only solution that worked
for me is digging it out.

The easiest way is to hire someone with a backhoe to do it for you.
The management of my house did want to pay to have it done so my
older son and I dug it out.

Dig a circle about 3 feet (~1 meter) from the center of the stump
and cut off every root you find. Then uproot the stump.

Dick