Posted to alt.home.repair
Bud-- Bud-- is offline

Default Proposed Project Check

On 1/29/2012 4:02 PM, Evan wrote:

RBM advocated the use of an existing 200amp
service panel which includes a 200amp rated
main disconnect as a sub panel being fed from
a 60 amp branch circuit -- that would not fly
anywhere around here, you would have to remove
that main disconnect... So you would be looking
at replacing the panel which has the disconnect
with one which uses main lugs and supported
fewer branch circuits based on the amperage...

Where is "around here"?
Why should I believe your sometimes wild ideas are actually what is
required "around here"?
Why should I even care what is required "around here"?

What is the NEC problem with what RBM said?

And from a different post:
Not since when constructed or last modified they were
required to be provided with separate 200 amp services...

Why do you think 200A services were "required"?
What determines how large a service is "required" under the NEC?

--
bud--