Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Hwang Tony Hwang is offline

Default OT US foriegn policy, Ron Paul and terrorism.

HeyBub wrote:
harry wrote:
On Jan 29, 2:30 pm, wrote:
On Sunday, January 29, 2012 1:33:55 AM UTC-7, harry wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4a__tcfFug

If I was an American I would definitely support Ron Paul.

My thoughts exactly.

When the UK abrogated its role as world policeman after WWII, the US took
over the job. If not the US, then who? China? Russia? Somalia?

In 1960, South Korea had the same per-capita income as Uganda. Today, it
ranks 4th. Most believe the 50,000 troops we have in the contry have
deterred the North from further escapades.

In Europe, there has been a war, historically, about every fifteen minutes.
With 120,000 US troops in place, minor irritations haven't escalated into
general war in almost seven decades (the longest Europe has been at peace
since before the invention of moveable type (in China) ).

And why should the U.S. BE the world's policeman?

"Because we're here, lad. There's no one else. Just us. Now face the front
and mark your target when he comes. There's a good lad."

If you want to talk anout it, you better know more anout the historical
truth first.

For one, Koreans did not want to divide their country after the WWII.
You, USA and USSR forced it upon them. Did you know that Roosevelt
wanted th share the secret of Nuke bomb with Russians? Churchill
objected to it. Why did you choke off gasoline supply for Gen. Patton's
tanks when he was advancing towards Russian border? Do you know who
really killed him?