Default automatic garage door openers.

dave wrote:
Do the diy retro fit automatic garage door openers work well ? Am
considering the Motor Lift from Chamberlain from screwfix @ £185.99inc
vat. Any pointers of any difficulties experienced would be appreciated
or any other better value mnufactures to consider ?

I've got two of those, I installed them both myself on different sized
garage doors. Both have been giving sterling service for several
years now (three or four years I think). No problems at all really,
I've just greased one of them recently because it wasn't quite making
it to fully open and the safety switch was stopping it due to excess
friction. Installation was pretty easy, just take your time and make
sure you understand what goes where and how it works, the instructions
were OK but not brilliant if I remember.

I was lucky because both garages have alternatice entrances so I
didn't have any worries about locking myself out, the installation
manual warns repeatedly about that! :-)

--
Chris Green )