Posted to alt.home.repair
Kurt Ullman Kurt Ullman is offline

Default OT US foriegn policy, Ron Paul and terrorism.

In article ,
JimT wrote:

We can't let Iran have nuclear weapons because of our failed foreign
policy which goes all the way back to the foundation of Israel. Are you
saying Iran doesn't have the right to defend itself? Look at their
neighbors. Wouldn't you want one?

Not remotely far enough back (g). A lot of this hassles in the Middle
East started from when the Europeans first stuck their nose in the area.
Besides, this is hardly our policy, since the founding of Israel was a
UN thingy (largely, again, at the behest of the Europeans who did not
want a Jewish nation in their neck of the woods). I thought all things
UN were holy (grin).
The Palestinians are largely the result of the Locals anyway. They
could have long ago put a Palestinian nation to rest if they had done
anything other than keep them in camps. But then they couldn't stir them
up against the Israelis and might have actually to make changes in their
own countries without the Jews to blame.
I note that every inch of the disputed territories was taken by the
Israelis only after an overt act of war. The Great and Noble Arab
Warrior gets his ass handed to him in a war and cries about it. I also
note that every inch of countryside taken from the countries that have
signed peace treaties has been given back LONG ago.

How about his giving excuses for 911, implying that it
would never have happened if we just stuck our heads in the
sand and ignored what's going on in the rest of the world?

Again, failed foreign policy.

How about when he wants to just withdraw all our troops
from South Korea, regardless of how that would be
interpreted by the north and the possible horrific
consequences?

Unsettling. I can't see abandoning SK. Great cars and great movies.

How about when he wants to eliminate the FED, our
central bank, a function which every country of any
consequence on the face of the earth has?

I'll admit. I have almost no background in macro economics. 1 semester
doesn't make me qualified to comment.

I don't know of any notable economist suggesting we go back to the gold
standard. I know if we had any gold it would be long gone by now to pay
our debts.

Should I go on?snip

Thanks. If you do know of anymore please post.