Posted to alt.home.repair

Default How can you tell how much propane is left in a tank?

On Sun, 29 Jan 2012 10:41:24 -0500, "Robert Green"
wrote:

wrote in message
.. .

stuff snipped

3) Check the insurance policy to make sure that even temorary indoor

storage
(i.e. bringing it inside to mount/dismount it from the weighing cart)
doesn't void it.

Thanks for the important sanity check. I assume I'm going to be needing

the
more and more. )-:

Bringing it in to weigh it is not "storage". Storage is leaving it
un-monitored.

Well, that's certainly the common sense, logical intepretation of storage.
What an insurer will claim might not be so logical. (-: Worse still, it may
be something buried deep in the insurance contract: "Thou Shalt Not Storeth
Thy Propane in Thy Abode or Thou Mayst Find Thyself Up the Creek of Shi+
With No Paddle."

I'd call them and ask if I didn't think it was a bad idea to kick a sleeping
dog.

No problem "working with" the tank in the house - but no "storage". -
for the reasons I stated before.