Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default Proposed Project Check

Evan wrote:

Thanks for the advice. What problems "down the road?"

Two units currently being used as one with "dodgey"
crossfeeding ? Why were 200 amp services installed to
each side of the duplex to begin with ?

Because the building was a DUPLEX.

How large in
total area are both of the units ?

1500 sq ft

Just because your
present usage can be met with one 200 amp service
doesn't mean that you should remove and try to cobble
together the two separate services into one...

I agree. But it doesn't mean I can't or shouldn't either.

You aren't using both kitchens are you ? Does that
mean you should remove one ?

One kitchen HAS been removed - to meet the definition of "single family
residence." That is, the stove and refrigerator were taken out and replaced
by a mini-fridge and a microwave. The area formerly known as "kitchen" is
now called the "snack area and bar."

Okay, all that said, I'll repeat the question: "What problems 'down the
road' ".