Posted to alt.home.repair
Robert Green Robert Green is offline

Default Wireless Doorbell

"Roy" wrote in message
news:32421173.303.1327784047978.JavaMail.geo-discussion-forums@prhb20...
On Thursday, January 26, 2012 2:02:40 PM UTC-7, Robert Green wrote:
My neighbor asked me to look at her wireless doorbell, which suddenly
stopped working properly. The buttons still work if you move them close

the unit but they no longer work mounted on the outside of the door

frame.
We've replaced the 3 "D" cells in the base unit and the 12V cells in the

two
buttons but still no joy.

Any ideas?

--
Bobby G.

I had one of these units. Made in China POS construction. Will work for

maximum of two years and
then the electronics are kaput in my estimation. Chuck it and replace or

put in a wired unit.

The electronics look simple enough to last forever. Obviously they don't.

--
Bobby G.