Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
andrew andrew is offline

Default Press fit and heat treatment question

Thanks for the replies. I was referring to the pins being 0.118" in
diameter. I guess the term mils (=1/1000th of an inch) is not used
for larger dimensions.

I am getting a quote from the manufacturer for a replacement disk, but
I am guessing it is going to be in the $1000 to $2000 range (german
made machine). The vendor did mention that the pins are press fitted
as they are meant to be replaceable as the pins wear over time

Since I have nothing to lose, I may try just some two part epoxy to
glue the pins onto the disk from the back (the pins stick out the
other end).

I will look into the newsreader suggestion

Andy