Posted to alt.home.repair
Robert Green Robert Green is offline

Default mapping (on paper) circuit-breakers to wall-sockets?

"hr(bob) " wrote in message
stuff snipped

So, how do YOU figure out which wall socket is controlled by which

breaker?

Thanks!

David

People have been known to use a wall-powered radio turned up very loud
so that it can be heard everywhere the breaker controls. You still
have to go and move the radio to every socket. And, it doesn't work
for ceiling lights.

You just need a screw in socket adapter. I traced out all my overhead
fixtures that way. Has a lamp socket base and a 110VAC socket on the face.
Actually got it to use my X-10 analyzer on the light circuits to diagnose a
problem.

--
Bobby G.