Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default Proposed Project Check

wrote:

If you get your power company involved in any way, you will HAVE to
have a licensed electrician do the work and he/she will have to get
local permits which will require inspection from your local
government agent. There is no way around it.

Paul- Hide quoted text -

Says who and for where? What's allowed in TX is likely very different
from NYC. Here in NJ a homeowner is
allowed to do work on their own home that they occupy.
Perfectly legal as long as you get the necessary permit.

I'm in Houston. What's this "permit" silliness?

When I replaced the circuit breaker box, I called the light company to
un-seal the meter. After I finished the job, I called the light company
again. They came out an re-sealed the meter. No permits, licensed experts,
or genuflections required.