Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve Barker[_6_] Steve Barker[_6_] is offline

Default Sisterin' them joists project update

Just wanted to thank ALL who responded to my joist sistering question.
I have finished the project as of an hour or so ago. I used 2x8x16 DF,
loctite 400 adhesive, and ledger LOC screws. I drove them in with my
hugeantic Milwaukee right angle drill until the new Dewalt impact showed
up in the mail this am. I put 1/4" washers on them, as they were being
pulled into the DF excessively without them. I was able to jack each
original joist up at least an inch before attaching the new sister. As a
matter of fact the floor was so bowed, I couldn't get the sisters in
position up on the ledger boards until i did jack the original up. The
final result is a MUCH improved bounce situation upstairs now. I'm
happy with the result.
--
Steve Barker