Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Window in metal door

On Sat, 28 Jan 2012 11:53:13 -0800, jk wrote:

"Stormin Mormon" wrote:

As I make this "new post", I realize I'm way short of details. I'll rely on
you all to ask a lot of questions, and I'll get the details as we go.

I volunteer at a non profit agency. They have a couple doors which do not
have windows, but they would like them to have windows. Metal doors, 36
inch wide, heavy. Fitted for full mortise lock.

If the window is available separately, looks like a case of drill the
corners of the hole I need. use my electric nibbler to remove the rectangle
shaped piece of heavy sheet metal. Put the two halves of the window up, and
tighten some screws.

Anyone done this? Tips, cautions, etc?

You might ask yourself WHY were they metal doors in the first place,
and WHY do they want windows.

There might be better solutions

I'm wondering why he didn't simply ask Jesus. shrug

--
The most decisive actions of our life - I mean those that are most
likely to decide the whole course of our future - are, more often