Posted to alt.home.repair
David Combs David Combs is offline

Default mapping (on paper) circuit-breakers to wall-sockets?

mapping (on paper) circuit-breakers to wall-sockets?

The standard two-person team method would be to have one guy on the
switchboard, turning them all off, then turning them on one at a time,
and the 2nd person goes and tests each socket in the house.

Having done that, he turns that breaker back off, and turn on the next one, guy #2
again walks the house, testing each wall-socket.

Which is, of course, insanely inefficient.

---

I recall from some decades ago a device that aided doing this.

The ideal device would be one where you first turned off the house power, then
the device would have 20 or 30 leads with alligator clips or whatever, that you'd
somehow connect to the breaker panel, one lead per breaker, and the signal on
each lead would have the audio signal I AM ONE, I AM TWO, I AM THREE, I AM FOUR, ...,
and then one pass around the house (with a pair of headphones) and you'd have it.

---

So, how do YOU figure out which wall socket is controlled by which breaker?

Thanks!

David