Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default 1/4" Threaded rod cutting, bending and deburing

On Sat, 28 Jan 2012 04:44:10 +0000 (UTC), David Lesher
wrote:

writes:

I put a nut on before cutting with a bandsaw, then hit the edges
with the belt sander before removing the nut. Works every time.
Ptting on 2 nuts and cutting between the nuts makes both ends useable.

FWIW: I've found that cutting screws with a Dremal wheel leaves the threads
clean.

When there's room, I've used a die grinder and 3" cutting wheel. If
the screw is loose, I can always dress the end in nothing flat.

--
The most decisive actions of our life - I mean those that are most
likely to decide the whole course of our future - are, more often