Posted to uk.d-i-y
NoSpam NoSpam is offline

Default Reporting back: Glue pot heater for hyde glue - hotplate?

On 05/12/2011 19:44, NoSpam wrote:
I have a job that needs hyde glue and I was thinking of using our old
filter coffee machine - but it's been thrown out. Can anyone suggest a
cheap hotplate that will keep a small jar of water at around 70 degC ?

The mini slow cooker was cheap but not really "mini" enough.

The hot plate from an old (i.e. free) filter coffee machine worked well
(with a glass jar of water containing a herb jar with the glue in it)
but sat at 60degC.

The winner though is a Boots baby bottle warmer - £5 from eBay. The max
temperature was initially 50-55degC but by taking it apart and removing
the stop on the thermostat I can now set any temperature up to about 85
degC. The herb jar fits perfectly.

HTHs someone.