Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default OT Will search engines find my webpage?

On Fri, 27 Jan 2012 11:36:34 -0500, wrote:

On Fri, 27 Jan 2012 09:58:42 -0500, micky
wrote:

OT

Yesterday I found out when he mailed me a glossy advertisement for the
service deparatment that the dealer where I bought a used car 6 months
ago made up a webpage with my first and last name as part of the url.
And my home address on the page.

I've gone to a lot of trouble to keep my home address out of the phone
book and off the web.

My name is in the high level domain area, between www and .com.

Do you think search engines will find it? So far I think they
haven't.

Unless you lied when you set up the domain name, it is a public
record.

So are you saying that the webcrawlers used by search engines looks at
the list of registered domain names, when it is crawling?

Google probably knows everything there is to know about you.