Posted to alt.home.repair
Robert Green Robert Green is offline

Default Wireless Doorbell

"Molly Brown" wrote in message
On Jan 26, 1:02 pm, "Robert Green" wrote:
My neighbor asked me to look at her wireless doorbell, which suddenly
stopped working properly. The buttons still work if you move them close to
the unit but they no longer work mounted on the outside of the door frame.
We've replaced the 3 "D" cells in the base unit and the 12V cells in the

two
buttons but still no joy.

Any ideas?

--
Bobby G.

If the battery of the button (transmitter) is removed or loses contact
the bell (receiver) may have to be re-programmed. I don’t know about
your doorbell but I know the brand IQ America does.

Good point and a reason to hate some of the newer gadgets that have volatile
memories, no way to read the current settings and are programmed by button
pushes. Fortunately this unit uses DIP jumpers (little black Berg clips) to
set the unit's parameters. I didn't have my trusty tweezers with me
yesterday to pull them nor a magnifying glass to read the teeny, tiny
instruction booklet that's been folded about 16 times and stuffed into the
little package containing the replacement doorbell button that my neighbor
bought because she thought the button had gone bad.

All three buttons (two original and one replacement) activate the unit, but
not from outside the house!

--
Bobby G.